Organic Pumpkin Seeds (GWS-A)
Our organic raw (GWS-A) pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. The fatty acids in pumpkin seeds contain a range of beneficial nutrients, such as sterols, squalene, and tocopherols.
They are a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine and are often eaten as a healthful snack. They are sometimes referred to as pepitas, Spanish for "little seed of squash."
What does GWS mean?
- "Grown without shell" is a variety of pumpkin seeds that is larger in size than common pumpkins grown for their meat. This pumpkin variety has the seeds in the meat but it grows without any shell naturally. This is not a GMO variety.
What is the difference between your GWS-A and Shine Skin AA?
- Visually the 2 seeds are so similar that other than the GWS being a tiny bit darker green no one other than a agriculture specialist would notice.
- How they grow is the big difference with GWS growing naturally without a shell while Shine Skin have a shell that is mechanically removed.
- The A vs AA is the quality. AA grade relates to a uniform size and colored seed. A grade has greater color and size variation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.