Organic Tahini (Made to Order)
Our organic tahini is made to order with our organic hulled sesame seeds & organic olive oil. It is the perfect base ingredient for all your middle-eastern meals. Our organic handcrafted tahini has only two ingredients; organic sesame seeds and a touch of organic olive oil. Like your tahini with some salt? Just select this option and we will add a pinch of sea salt.
The plant-based condiment is full of nutrients like copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Tahini is also a great source of protein and fiber. It's low in sodium and saturated fat. Tahini is dairy free, gluten free, and is a great alternative to nut butters.
What is tahini?
- Tahini is simply a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It can be mixed with other ingredients like garlic and olive oil to make savory sauces, or even added to sweet dishes to balance flavor and add nutrients.
- Tahini has a savory, bitter, and nutty flavor profile.
What are the top 6 uses for tahini?
- Hummus: Add tahini to blended chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin to make hummus.
- Tahini sauce: Tahini is paired with Greek yogurt, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice to make tahini sauce. A perfect addition to gyros.
- Salad dressing: Combine tahini with extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon for wonderful salad dressing.
- Halvah: This is a popular Israeli and Turkish confection. It is made with honey, pistachios, and, of course, tahini.
- Brownies: Swirl tahini into brownie batter for an added boost of nutrients.
- Ice-cream: Tahini-flavored soft serve and sesame ice cream are popular in different cuisines across the world. Tahini can add a nutty flavor to dairy-based ice cream, or be a creamy substitute for vegan recipes.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
I use this tahini for making hummus and it comes out very tasty. Also I use it in my homemade version of Dragon sauce giving a delicious dressing for salads and vegetables during hot weather. I enjoy it on toast with a smidgeon of honey. It is a great tasting tahini!