Organic Dried Turkish Figs
Our organic dried turkish figs are a good source of calcium, which can ward off osteoporosis as well as other health issues. You won't find a better plant source of calcium than figs. One ounce of dried figs has 3 grams of fiber.
You can use dried figs anywhere you would normally use a date, whether it be in raw desserts, smoothies, dried granola bars, raw energy bites or however else you enjoy using dried fruit. Since figs hold moisture in baked goods, pureed figs can be used as a fat substitute in recipes. Use half the amount of fig puree as you would use butter or oil.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.