OnlineOrganics aims to provide the best quality organic food at wholesale prices. We work to promote local producers and have a strong environmental conscience. We source our products directly from Organic certified importers and deliver them straight to you. We eliminate the middlemen for fresher and more affordable products.
Why Buy Online?
Did you know that food spend months on grocery store shelves waiting to be bought? Storing the food on these shelves at bright light and 21°C kills the aroma and nutritional value of the food you are paying so much for. Furthermore, the food is stored in non-airtight and non moisture proof bags that compound the problem. All our food is stored in bulk in a dark refrigerated and moisture controlled warehouse. The food you receive is thus fresher than anything you can find on grocery shelves. This translates to more nutrition and better taste.
What Does Organic Mean?
Organic certification requires that farmers and handlers document their processes and get inspected every year. Organic on-site inspections account for every component of the operation, including, but not limited to; seed sources, soil conditions, crop health, weed and pest management, water systems, inputs, contamination and commingling risks and prevention and record-keeping. Tracing organic products from start to finish is part of the organic promise.
Organic Certified Products are Produced without the Use of:
- Synthetic fertilizers (Only natural fertilizers are allowed such as manure)
- Artificial Ingredients (Food colors, flavors, sweeteners, etc.)
- Toxic and persistent pesticides
- Genetic engineering or Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Preservatives and many other processing aids and ingredients in processed foods
- Sewage sludge (Biosolids)
There are 4 General Principles of Organic Production:
- Principle of Health: Organic production should sustain and enhance the health of water, soil, plants, animals, humans and the planet as one and indivisible.
- Principle of Ecology: Organic production should be based on living ecological systems and cycles, work with them, emulate them and help sustain them.
- Principle of Fairness: Organic production should build on relationships that ensure fairness with regards to the common environment and life opportunities.
- Principle of Care: Organic production should be managed in a precautionary and responsible manner to protect the health and well-being of current and future generations and the environment.
This is what we believe in and it is the reason we do this. Eating organic is about more than the actual products, it is about those 4 principles which guide our respect of the planet and all living things. You can read more about us and what we do as an Eco-responsible business in our About Us page.