Mediterranean Sea Salt (Fine)
Our fine Mediterranean sea salt is produced by evaporating sea water from the Spanish Mediterranean coast which conserves the trace elements found in sea water such as potassium, iron, and calcium.
Much less processed than table salt which is mined from underground salt deposits and heavily refined. Table salt also has iodide and anti-clumping chemicals added.
While salt remains salt no matter from where it comes from, the benefits of the multitudes of trace elements found in dead sea water and natural evaporation are a much better choice than heavy refined iodized table salt.
Our Mediterranean sea salt has absolutely no additives added.
Why is my salt clumpy?
- While we strive to deliver a perfect smooth sand like salt, it is possible that your salt will develop clumps. This is perfectly normal as our salt is 100% pure with no additives.
- Regular table salt has anti-caking agents added like: calcium aluminum silicate, calcium phosphate tribasic, calcium silicate, calcium stearate, magnesium carbonate, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, propylene glycol, potassium ferrocyanide trihydrate, sodium aluminum silicate, and/or sodium ferrocyanide decahydrate.
- We prefer clumps over ingesting chemicals, they are easy to break with just a butter knife.
- Store below 65% humidity.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.