Organic Alfalfa Seeds
Our organic alfalfa seeds contain a number of important vitamins and minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorous, vitamin C, and vitamin K. It has a sweet, bitter, grassy flavor when consumed fresh (in the form of sprouts).
The alfalfa plant is related to the pea family. Fully grown, it can climb up to 80 cm, blooming with violet flowers in summer. Also known as "lucerne" alfalfa's name is rooted in the Arabic word that means "father of all foods".
The noodle-like sprouts are salad and sandwich staples, while traditionally alfalfa seeds were made into a paste for treating insect bites and boils.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.