Organic Alma Fruit Powder
Our organic alma fruit powder is also known as Amalaki or Indian gooseberry. Its botanical name is Phyllanthus Emblica. It has been a part of Ayurvedic medicine for many years.
Amla, grows on a flowering tree of the same name. The small berries are round and bright or yellow-green. It is an uncommon balance of sweet, sour, pungent and bitter flavours.
It is known for its extremely high vitamin C content. As an example 100g of fresh amla berries (about a half cup) provides 300mg of vitamin C—more than twice the daily recommended value for adults. You'll also find notable amounts of polyphenols, alkaloids, and flavonoids.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.