Organic Baby Lima Beans
Our organic baby lima beans are naturally low in calories, but full of healthy complex carbohydrates. Baby lima beans are sometimes called butter beans because of their rich, buttery taste or less commonly junior lima beans.
They contain high amounts of fiber and may help reduce the rise in blood sugar that happens after a meal. They are also a great replacement for meat as a source of vegan protein.
What is the difference between Lima and Baby Lima Beans?
- Other than the obvious size difference which the name implies, lima beans are yellow and baby lima beans are green when cooked.
- Nutrition wise they are identical and there is no overall better one.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.