Organic Barley Grass Powder
Our organic barley grass powder is perfect for adding to baked goods, shakes and all your summer drinks. Barley grass, sometimes called barley greens, comes from young barley plants that haven't started making seeds. During this stage of the plant's life, it's full of nutrients that help it grow larger leaves and seeds. You can take advantage of those barley grass benefits by eating the grass while it's young.
Barley grass offers a variety of health benefits because of the minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants it contains. For example, it has a lot of magnesium, which is the fourth-most-common mineral in your body. Magnesium is a key part of more than three hundred enzyme reactions, making it essential to your health. Magnesium is particularly important for energy production and glucose control. It is also rich in vitamins A and C, which act as antioxidants. These vitamins help fight off free radicals that can damage your body. They help carry free radicals out of the body and lower your risk of problems ranging from decreased skin elasticity to breast and colon cancer.
Did you know?
- Barley grass powder is gluten-free. Even though barley is a cereal grain, before it forms actual grains the plant does not synthesize gluten.
What is the difference between Barley Grass Powder & Barley Grass Juice Powder?
- As much as their names are alike, they are very different products.
- Barley Grass Powder is made by dehydrating barley grass and grinding it into a powder. It contains all the nutrients of barley grass and is full of fiber (30% of its weight)! It does not dissolve in water but will rather stay in suspension.
- Barley Grass Juice Powder is made by pressing barley grass until all the juice comes out. The juice is then dehydrated into a powder. It contains much less nutrients than barley grass powder and typically has no fiber. It dissolves very well in water.
Simple Barley Grass Powder Juice Reciepe:
- Put 1 1/2 tea spoon of barley grass powder at the bottom of a glass.
- While stirring with a spoon gently add 3/4 cup of cold water.
- Add 1/4 cup of juice (Orange & apple are best) stirring well and enjoy immediately.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.