Organic Barley Grass Powder
Our organic barley grass powder is perfect for adding to baked goods, shakes and all your summer drinks. Barley grass, sometimes called barley greens, comes from young barley plants that haven’t started making seeds. During this stage of the plant’s life, it’s full of nutrients that help it grow larger leaves and seeds. You can take advantage of those barley grass benefits by eating the grass while it’s young.
Barley grass offers a variety of health benefits because of the minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants it contains. For example, it has a lot of magnesium, which is the fourth-most-common mineral in your body. Magnesium is a key part of more than three hundred enzyme reactions, making it essential to your health. Magnesium is particularly important for energy production and glucose control. It is also rich in vitamins A and C, which act as antioxidants. These vitamins help fight off free radicals that can damage your body. They help carry free radicals out of the body and lower your risk of problems ranging from decreased skin elasticity to breast and colon cancer.
Did you know?
- Barley grass powder is gluten-free. Even though barley is a cereal grain, before it forms actual grains the plant does not synthesize gluten.
Simple Barley Grass Powder Juice Receipe:
- Put 1 1/2 tea spoon of barley grass powder at the bottom of a glass.
- While stirring with a spoon gently add 3/4 cup of cold water. Stir until all the powder is dissolved.
- Add 1/4 cup of juice (Orange & apple are best) stirring well and enjoy immediately.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour