Organic Black Beluga Lentils
Our organic black beluga lentils are named for the caviar they amazingly resemble. They are inexpensive, easy to cook, protein-packed, and delicious. Unlike other lentils that tend to get mushy when cooked, beluga lentils hold their shape and al dente texture during the cooking process.
A staple ingredient in many recipes throughout Asia and the Mediterranean, black beluga lentils are packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. As a matter of fact, when compared to 10 other legumes, lentils come out on top for antioxidant content.
Though they are tiny, black beluga lentils provide a mighty dose of nutrition in every single bite!
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic black beluga lentils encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.