Organic Brown Flax Seeds (Turkish)
Our organic brown flax seeds are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a mostly plant-based omega-3 fatty acid. For centuries, flax seeds have been prized for their health-protective properties. In fact, Charles the Great ordered his subjects to eat flax seeds for their health. So it's no wonder they acquired the name "Linum usitatissimum", meaning "the most useful."
Just one tablespoon provides a good amount of protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to being a rich source of some vitamins and minerals.
Flax seeds contain up to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods. Lignans are plant compounds that have antioxidant and estrogen properties, both of which can help lower the risk of cancer and improve health. Observational studies show that those who eat flax seeds have a lower risk of breast cancer, particularly postmenopausal women. Additionally, according to a Canadian study involving more than 6,000 women, those who eat flax seeds are 18% less likely to develop breast cancer.
What is the difference between brown and golden yellow flax seeds?
- Nutritionally the brown and golden flax seed are equal. The difference comes in the taste. The brown flax seed has a stronger nuttier taste while the golden flaxseed is milder.
What is the difference between Turkish and Canadian flax seeds?
- None, it is simply a matter of different growing season and logistics. Sometimes we have both sometimes just one of the two.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
fast and easy