Organic Camu Camu Powder
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Our organic camu camu powder has mulitiple uses in traditional amazon medecine. Camu camu powder contains powerful antioxidants, such as vitamin C and flavonoid antioxidants, like anthocyanins and ellagic acid, that protect cells against free radicals that can damage them. Ellagic acid also may inhibit inflammation. It is commonly packaged in capsules, mixed in juices and can be added to various baked goods to increase their nutritional profile.
What is Camu Camu?
- Camu Camu "Myrciaria dubia", commonly known as camu-camu, camucamu, caçari, araçá-d'água, or camocamo, is a species of plant in the family Myrtaceae. It is a small bushy riverside tree from the Amazon rainforest in Peru and Brazil and bears a red/purple cherry-like fruit. As much as 2-3% of the fresh fruit by weight is vitamin C.
- The camu-camu fruit is maroon or purple-black when fully ripe, around 25mm in diameter, with either sweet or acidic flesh.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.