Organic Whole Raw Cashews (W320)
Our organic whole raw cashew (W320) are an excellent vegan source of copper, providing more of the mineral than most other non-meat sources. In fact, eating a quarter-cup of cashews every day gives you 98% of your recommended daily intake of copper, which may decrease your risk of chronic disease.
Did you think that going vegan means you have to give up all your favorite creamy foods and desserts? Think again. The rich fat content of cashews (mostly heart-healthy fats!) makes them a perfect substitute for heavy cream. To witness this almost magical transformation for yourself, soak a cup of raw cashews in 1/2 cup water overnight; then, blend the mixture in a food processor until completely smooth, adding additional chilled water to reach the desired consistency. You'll be astonished as to how rich and creamy the result is, and it's nearly indistinguishable from dairy cream, but with a fraction of the fat and calories.
What does W320 mean?
- Whole cashews are graded by their color and size.
- The "W" means both "white" and "whole".
- The 320 is a standard of size. It refers to how many nuts are in one pound. For 320 that is 300–320 pieces per pound. Most common sizes are 210, 240, 320 and 450. The smaller the number the bigger the nuts.
- 320 and 450 are the most popular sizes. With 320 being the standard in high quality nuts.
- 210 and 240 are only seen for very esthetical display purposes where the premium price is a symbol of the lavishness of the meal.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.