Our organic chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets. They're the main ingredient in hummus, which is a dip made with mashed chickpeas, tahini (sesame seed paste), olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
Chickpeas are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. One popular way to eat them is by adding them to salads, soups or sandwiches. Another way to enjoy chickpeas is to roast them, which makes for a delicious and crunchy snack. You can also incorporate them into veggie burgers or tacos.
What is the difference between Chick peas and Garbanzo beans?
- The name chickpea comes from the Latin word cicer, referring to the plant family of legumes, Fabaceae. This is how most people refer to this product around the globe.
- Its popular Spanish-derived name is the garbanzo bean. This name is popular in Hispanic communities.
- When it comes down to the actual product, it is the exact same thing.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Excellent chickpeas, delicious and one of our staples. Now we always have hummus, falafel, or roasted chickpeas available.
Competitive prices and fast delivery, I'm happy.
Received fast, excellent quality!
will buy gain