Our organic chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets. They’re the main ingredient in hummus, which is a dip made with mashed chickpeas, tahini (sesame seed paste), olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
Chickpeas are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. One popular way to eat them is by adding them to salads, soups or sandwiches. Another way to enjoy chickpeas is to roast them, which makes for a delicious and crunchy snack. You can also incorporate them into veggie burgers or tacos.
What is the difference between Chickpeas and Garbanzo beans?
- The name chickpea comes from the Latin word cicer, referring to the plant family of legumes, Fabaceae. This is how most people refer to this product around the globe.
- Its popular Spanish-derived name is the garbanzo bean. This name is popular in Hispanic communities.
- When it comes down to the actual product, it is the exact same thing.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour