Organic Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs 70%
Our organic dark chocolate covered cacao nibs are whole cacao nibs dipped in deep, rich, organic 70% dark chocolate.
What are Cacao Nibs?
- Cacao nibs are pieces of cocoa beans. To make nibs, the beans are first fermented and then dried before they're roasted and cracked. What's left after the beans have been cracked is a brittle shell, along with the nibs. The shell is removed through a process known as winnowing. The resulting nibs can then be processed into chocolate.
What’s the Difference Between Cacao and Cocoa?
- Cacao refers to the raw material: the cacao beans that are harvested from the cacao tree.
- Cocoa is created after the beans are finely ground into a powder and roasted, and can be consumed as a drink or blended with sugar, milk, cocoa butter and cocoa powder to make chocolate.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.