Organic ''Chunmee'' Green Tea
Country of Origin:
Our organic ''Chunmee'' green tea is made from non-fermented whole green tea leaves. One of the most classical Chinese green teas, Chunmee is a tea every tea lover has to try at least once. It offers a good perspective on a wide range of green tea flavors, may offer numerous benefits and tastes great, both hot and cold. It contains moderate amounts of caffeine and makes a great daily green tea.
What is Chunmee green tea?
- Chunmee, Zhen Mei or Chun Mei is a Chinese green tea. It's produced only in China, mostly in Anhui and Jiangxi Province. The English name of this tea is a "Precious Eyebrows tea" because of the small hand rolled leaves shaped in the form that resembles eyebrows.
What does Chunmee tea taste like?
- Chunmee is a pan-fired tea. Pan-fired teas have a less vegetal and nuttier flavor, that can be light or more intense, depending on how the teas was made.
- Chunmee green tea has a bit more astringency than other green teas, and is suitable for drinking with sugar, honey or even milk. Because of its strong flavor, Chunmei is great for flavoring and scenting. It's often used in some African countries for making mint tea.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.