Organic Cocoa Paste Wafers 100%
Our organic cocoa paste wafers 100% are truly unique. These Peruvian organic cocoa paste wafers are made with 100% cocoa paste. No sugar or additives for the purest form of cocoa possible.
Use them to craft your own artisanal chocolates. Please do not try to snack on them or bake them into cookies or muffins as they are very bitter on their own.
What does 38%, 55%, 70% and 100% mean?
- It refers to the cocoa content in the chocolate. For example 70% cocoa is 70% of its mass in ground up cocoa beans. Be careful with products listing ''70% cocoa content'' as these inferior products have much lower cocoa bean percentage. Their ''cocoa content'' is often jacked with cocoa powder. A premium chocolate typically has very little or no cocoa powder. Its cocoa is purely in the form of cocoa beans. This is why some cheap chocolate products and chips feel dry and crumbly, there is too much added cocoa powder.
- 100% cocoa as the name implies is pure ground up cocoa beans without any added sugar or fillers. This is made purely for making chocolate and recipes as it is extremely bitter.
- A higher ''%'' does not mean a higher quality, it is just the taste. Our 38% Belgian chocolate drops are very low in cocoa but taste like heaven.
What are the different chocolate shapes?
- With premium chocolate comes specialized chocolate depending on the intended use.
- Chocolate chips are intended for baking inside dough such as cookies, muffins, pancakes, etc. Chips dry out if melted in open air, as they were not designed to be melted.
- Chocolate wafers or drops are made to be melted into molds, bars, etc. Their shape make them easy to melt and their composition is designed for that purpose. If you want to try to make your own gourmet chocolate, these are the way to go.
- Chocolate couverture blocks are as the name implies blocks to be melted. You can always eat is as a giant chocolate bar, we won't judge. Some people genuinely like the texture of chunks. Couverture chocolate as the French word implies is formulated to cover things. This chocolate is what you want to use for chocolate fondue, chocolate covered fruits and nuts, etc. It is very malleable and wont crack even if is very thin over a product.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour