Organic Coconut Butter
Our organic coconut butter is a delicious spread made by simply blending shredded coconut into a creamy paste. There is only one ingredient in our coconut butter. It contains around 70% fat so it can be used to replace coconut oil in most recipes in order to add more nutrients. Coconut oil has more uses but has much less nutrients than coconut butter.
What the difference between coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut cream and coconut milk?
- Coconut oil is a fat made from pressed coconut meat. It contains about 99% fat and not much of anything else.
- Coconut butter (70% fat) is made with just shredded coconut that has been blended into a paste. Just like our other nut butters it only contains one ingredient.
- Coconut cream is made by simmering coconut meat in water, The water then separates into a creamy, thick layer and a thin, more watery layer. The thick layer is packaged as coconut cream (25.4-37.3% fat), and the thinner liquid is labeled as coconut milk (12.7-25.3% fat). It contains much of the nutrients found in coconut meat.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour