Organic Coconut Milk 18%
Country of Origin:
Our organic coconut milk 18% is pure milky goodness for all your vegan cooking recipes.
What is Coconut Milk?
- Well, it's not milk in the dairy sense, but close to its level of creaminess. It is basically just shredded coconut flesh that is pureed with water and strained to create a rich, shock-white liquid that can lend body, flavor, and richness to soups, curries, wilted greens, and much more.
What does the 18% mean?
- It refers to the fat content in the coconut milk. Below are the 4 most common coconut milk/cream products on the market:
- Light coconut milk: 6.6-12.6%
- Coconut milk: 12.7-25.3%
- Coconut cream: 25.4-37.3%
- Coconut cream concentrate: 37.4-100%
- Coconut milk can easily be boiled down into cream as required.
What the difference between coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut cream and coconut milk?
- Coconut oil is a fat made from pressed coconut meat. It contains about 99% fat and not much of anything else.
- Coconut butter (70% fat) is made with just shredded coconut that has been blended into a paste. Just like our other nut butters it only contains one ingredient.
- Coconut cream is made by simmering coconut meat in water, The water then separates into a creamy, thick layer and a thin, more watery layer. The thick layer is packaged as coconut cream (25.4-37.3% fat), and the thinner liquid is labeled as coconut milk (12.7-25.3% fat). It contains much of the nutrients found in coconut meat.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.