Organic Coconut Oil (RBD)
Our organic coconut oil (RBD) contains a cornucopia of fatty acids and proteins that hold antioxidants and provide myriad health benefits. It's rich in so-called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA's), which are, in great part, comprised of Caprylic acid, Lauric acid and Capric acid.
Coconut oil is a dream ingredient for anyone who's following a low carb or Keto diet. Coconut oil is ideal for high temperature cooking as an alternative to cheap vegetable and canola oil.
Coconut oil is good for the skin, especially in the treatment of wounds, burns, and dermatitis. It also acts as sunblock, and as a moisturizer for the skin, thanks to the two primary fatty acids in unrefined coconut oil, caprylic and lauric, and to its antioxidant component, which team up to reduce inflammation under the skin and promote better healing. It is also excellent to repair damaged and dry hair.
What is the difference between "RBD" and "Virgin" coconut oil?
- RBD is an acronym, which stands for Refined, Bleached and Deodorized.
- As the organic standard prescribes there is no use of chemical bleach or any other artificial chemical for that matter used during the process.
- "RBD" coconut oil is dry steamed to deodorize while being carefully monitored to stay under 180 degrees Celsius. This neutralizes the majority of the coconut taste and smell making ideal for cooking and frying. This is not does not make the product inferior in any way.
- "Virgin" coconut oil goes through the same extraction process but is not dry steamed. This makes it a more natural and pure form of coconut oil. It has a strong coconut taste and smell to it.
- We stock only "RBD" for sale in individual kilogram bags. Most clients prefer this oil as it is much more versatile. "Virgin" coconut oil is always available in bulk should you want it.
What the difference between coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut cream and coconut milk?
- Coconut oil is a fat made from pressed coconut meat. It contains about 99% fat and not much of anything else.
- Coconut butter (70% fat) is made with just shredded coconut that has been blended into a paste. Just like our other nut butters it only contains one ingredient.
- Coconut cream is made by simmering coconut meat in water, The water then separates into a creamy, thick layer and a thin, more watery layer. The thick layer is packaged as coconut cream (25.4-37.3% fat), and the thinner liquid is labeled as coconut milk (12.7-25.3% fat). It contains much of the nutrients found in coconut meat.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Bon produit très pratique
Belle texture, goût neutre et résiste à de hautes températures. Idéal pour la cuisson des crêpes ou pour les barres tendre maison!
Received it in a good amount of time and the product is exactly as described.
Greetings from indonesia
Hello everyone, I am happy to greet you here. I intend to establish global cooperation in the export sector. we offer you that we are ready to supply all your RBD coconut oil needs from Indonesia. if you need supplies from us please send your letter of interest to our company email: email@example.com or you can contact our marketing at +6281231775655 thank you
The coconut aroma is not overpowering with this and I love cooking with it.
Product arrived in good order and was well packed. Will order again.