Organic Dark Red Kidney Beans
Our organic dark red kidney beans contain high amounts of fiber and may help reduce the rise in blood sugar that happens after a meal. They are also a great replacement for meat as a source of vegan protein.
Kidney beans are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as molybdenum, folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, and vitamin K1. They have remarkably low carbon and water footprint, making them an environmentally-friendly choice.
Did you know that kidney beans got their name for their visual resemblance in shape and color to a kidney?
What is the difference between Dark Red and White Kidney Beans?
- Dark red kidney beans have a slightly nutty, somewhat more prominent flavor than the white kidney bean.
- Dark red kidney beans are better suited for slowly cooked recipes (chillis, vegetable stews, etc.) as they take much more time to cook than white kidney beans.
- Nutrition wise they are nearly identical and there is no overall better one.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour
Absolutely the best I have ever had. no broken bits.
Great! Received fast, excellent quality!
easy to cook
excellent service and product