Organic Dried Conadria Figs
Our organic dried Conadria figs are an excellent fig that was introduced by Ira Condit in 1955 and has proven an excellent choice for cooler climates, both in its ability to ripen sweet fruits and handle cold winters. The Conadria fig tree was naturally grafted & cross-pollinated from the Adriatic and California fig varies to create a tree that would be able to resist the cold and pests better. The result of years of work from Ira Condit produces these beautiful figs.
What is the difference between Turkish, Mission & Conadria Figs?
- Brown Turkish figs have brownish-dark purple skin when fresh, a milder flavor than other figs, and are noticeably less sweet than the similar-looking Black Mission figs. Inside, they tend to be a paler pink than other figs.
- Black Mission figs are extremely sweet (sometimes they even ooze a bit of syrup). Despite their name, they aren't really black, more of an insanely deep blue-purple that is gorgeous in its own right when fresh. Inside they are beautifully pink. Their insane sweetness makes them perfect for serving plain or with yogurt or tangy fresh cheese for dessert.
- Conadria figs are a very large yellow fig with high sugar content. Some are so big they can set snugly in a tea cup when fresh. Flesh is a strawberry red with a green skin when fresh. They have a mild sweet flavor and resist have an excellent shelf life.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour