Organic Dried Mission Figs
Our organic dried mission figs are a very deep purple fig that is extremely sweet. Introduced to the United States in 1768 by Spanish missionaries who planted them at missions throughout California.
When dried naturally, the sugars in the fig move to the surface of the skin, producing an off-white coloring. This sugaring process gives the fruit an instant sweet taste, making it an even more delicious. A natural quick-energy source, figs are also high in fiber, iron, folic acid, and potassium.
What is the difference between Turkish, Mission & Conadria Figs?
- Brown Turkish figs have brownish-dark purple skin when fresh, a milder flavor than other figs, and are noticeably less sweet than the similar-looking Black Mission figs. Inside, they tend to be a paler pink than other figs.
- Black Mission figs are extremely sweet (sometimes they even ooze a bit of syrup). Despite their name, they aren't really black, more of an insanely deep blue-purple that is gorgeous in its own right when fresh. Inside they are beautifully pink. Their insane sweetness makes them perfect for serving plain or with yogurt or tangy fresh cheese for dessert.
- Conadria figs are a very large yellow fig with high sugar content. Some are so big they can set snugly in a tea cup when fresh. Flesh is a strawberry red with a green skin when fresh. They have a mild sweet flavor and resist have an excellent shelf life.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour