Organic Dried Yacon Slices
Our organic dried yacon slices are a great way to add a touch of exotic to salads, deserts, trail mixes and much more. Yacon has some slightly sweet, resinous, and floral (similar to violet) undertones to its flavor and is chewy in texture like you would expect from dried fruit.
What is Yacon?
- Yacon is a perennial root vegetable that looks something like a sweet potato. Yacon root grows naturally in South America and is known for being both sweet and filling.
- Yacon root contains good carbohydrates known as fructoogliosaccharides (FOS). FOS are insoluble fibers or prebiotics that our bodies can't digest. That might sound like a bad thing, but it's actually the reason they're so good for us. They make us feel full without adding calories.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.