Organic Dry Roasted Pecans (Unsalted)
Country of Origin:
Our organic dry roasted pecans have a distinctly sweet and buttery flavor, and a mildly floral, forestry aroma. The outside of the nut is slightly bitter and the flesh within is sweet, buttery and almost fatty. The nut itself can crumble, almost like a cookie. In fact, the nut itself has an overall confectionary taste, almost like cookies or candy.
These dry roasted pecans only contain one ingredients, organic pecans! No added oil or salt here.
What are Pecans?
- Pecans are a nut produced by a species of hickory tree that is native to North America. Most of the U.S. pecan crop comes from New Mexico, Texas, and Georgia. Mexico is the world's largest pecan producer, and the U.S. comes in second.
- Wild pecans were a major food source for Indigenous peoples in what is now known as North America, and pecans have been cultivated commercially since the 1880s.
- Pecans have a sweet, nutty, buttery flavor, and can be eaten fresh, roasted, and used in all kinds of recipes, particularly desserts. Pecan pie is an American classic and one of the quintessential sweet-savory concoctions in the culinary arts.
Locally made in Canada, buying our organic dry roasted pecans encourages local businesses and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.