Organic Erythritol Powder (Natural Sweetener)
Country of Origin:
Our organic Erythritol Powder is a popular, all-natural sweetener. Erythritol belongs to a class of compounds called sugar alcohols. Many different sugar alcohols are used by food producers. These include xylitol, sorbitol and maltitol.
Most sugar alcohols function as low-calorie sweeteners in sugar-free or low-sugar products. They’re actually found in small amounts in nature, especially in fruits and vegetables. The way these molecules are structured gives them the ability to stimulate the sweet taste receptors on your tongue.
But the real benefit of erythritol comes from how different it is from other sugar alcohols. It contains fewer calories and zero net carbs, making it friendly for a variety of lifestyles, including keto! Erythritol has only 5% of the calories of sugar.
What is the difference between pure Erythritol Powder vs with added Monk Fruit?
- Monk fruit is much too sweet, being about 200-300 times sweeter than sugar, so it couldn't be used on its own. Monk fruit matches the flavor of sugar better than erythritol.
- Erythritol is only about 70% as sweet as sugar.
- The combination of the two is where magic happens in matching the flavor of sugar and volume. This way erythritol powder with monk fruit can be used as a 1:1 replacement for sugar while 1 1/3 cups of pure erythritol should be used to replace 1 cup of sugar.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.