Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Moroccan)
Our organic extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants, which help prevent cellular damage caused by molecules called free radicals.
Extra virgin olive oil, is the highest quality of olive oil. Part of the Mediterranean diet, this traditional oil has been a dietary staple for some of the world's healthiest populations.
Who is Atlas Olive Oils?
- Olive farmers for generations the Aqallal Family originates in the ancient city of Fès. Ancestor of several generations of oliverons, Boujida Aqallal was named at the end of the 19th Century "Amine El-Fellaha" of the area of Fès, which is an honorary title meaning "The wisest of the Farmers" considering his great experiment of the soil, his wisdom and his piety. He had several olive groves at Ras-El-Ma, Zalagh and Lemta and operated his own olive crushing mill.
- The estate of El-Borouj, also called "Domaine Mabrouka", is located in the middle of a rocky desert on the phosphate plate at 150 Kilometers from Casablanca towards Marrakech. In this Farm, they removed more than 480,000 cubic meters of stones and built one wall by hand, stone by stone, on a length of 6 Kilometers 1.5 meter high and 1 meter deep. In this way they have finally attained the optimal agronomic characteristics required by the olive trees for a fine olive production. Today this farm with its 153Ha of olive trees irrigated by the waters coming from the Atlas, constitutes a real oasis where a high quality, delicate and aromatic olive oil is produced.
- Constant monitoring of the cultivations and mechanized picking at an optimal ripeness with only a 20 minutes lapse between harvest and grinding. The olive oil is exclusively extracted through a mechanical process in a low temperature continuous line with 0.2° maximum acidity. The distinctiveness of their oil lies also in the attention to detail during every phase of the production process, the selection of theit highly skilled workforce and the use of European technology and know-how.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.