Organic Fenugreek Seeds
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Our organic fenugreek seeds are a wonder of nature. While originating from a completely different part of the world than maple trees they share a very similar molecular structure making fenugreek taste like maple.
They contain no sugar and also slow down the absorption of sugars in the stomach and stimulate insulin. Both of these effects lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.
What is fenugreek?
- Fenugreek is an herb that is similar to clover. It is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. The seeds are used in cooking, in medicine, and to hide the taste of other medicine. Fenugreek seeds smell and taste similar to maple syrup.
- In foods, fenugreek is included as an ingredient in spice blends. It is also used as a flavoring agent in imitation maple syrup, foods, beverages, and tobacco.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.