Organic French Lentils
Country of Origin:
Our organic french lentils are a dark green color, and their taste is similar to that of green peas.
The distinguishing feature of French lentils is their very high content of fiber and protein. The latter constitutes about 30% of the whole content of this legume. Additionally, they are a rich source of essential minerals, amino acids, and B-complex vitamins. Due to this composition, French lentils are beneficial for many systems and organs.
French green lentils do not require soaking, and they are also more resistant to falling apart while being cooked.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic french lentils encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.