Organic Greek Mountain Sage
Country of Origin:
Our organic greek mountain sage is renowned for its effects on strengthening memory. It is also an excellent stimulant and antioxidant drink. Its fine and full flavour brings harmony to the body and mind. Our organic herbs are a gift from nature, which grow on Mt. Othrys, in central Greece. The herbs are produced with great respect to organic and natural methods to retain their nutritional value and fragrances. Our organic herbs grow with no chemical additives, to allow you to enjoy an all natural product.
Packaged in a convenient 56 gram box for maximum freshess.
What is sage?
- Sage is an herb that is prized for its strong herbal aroma and earthy flavor. It is used in savory recipes and is a common ingredient in holiday stuffing.
- Sage is an evergreen shrub part of the mint family. It has oval, dusty gray-green leaves with woody stems. Because of the fine, velveteen hair-like projections on sage leaves, they have a slightly fuzzy or fluffy appearance and cottony texture, which can make it unpleasant to eat raw.
- Sage has a unique flavor that brings warmth and complexity to dishes. It works well when combined with other herbs and complements a variety of foods, from meat and seafood to lemon and butter. Both the leaves, fresh and dried, as well as rubbed and powdered versions are used in recipes.
- Sage has a very long history and has been used since ancient times for several purposes, from warding off evil to boosting female fertility. It originated in the Mediterranean and was noted as being one of the most important herbs of that time period. Sage was utilized by the Romans to assist in digestion and was also used to treat ulcers, wounds, and sore throats.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.