Organic Green Banana Flour
Our organic green banana flour is a powder made from peeled unripe bananas that are dried and ground. Commonly used in Haitian, Jamaican, West African, and Central American cooking, green banana flour can be used as any other grain-free flour, in anything from pastas to breads to cakes.
Straight from the container, green banana flour has a very mild banana flavor, and no flavor at all when cooked. If you've ever done any vegan baking you're probably already familiar with the notion of subbing in mashed bananas for dairy-based fat like egg yolks and butter. Turns out, when in flour form, the fruit does a good job mimicking go to binding agents and thickeners like wheat flour.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Good Baking Flour
Great product! use banana flour in just about any baking.