Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
Our organic hulled hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids. They are also a great protein source and contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc. Hulled hemp seeds, hemp hearts and shelled hemp seeds just different names for the exact same product.
Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. They are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which has been linked to several health benefits.
Hemp seeds can be consumed raw, cooked or roasted. Hemp seed oil is also very healthy and has been used as a food and medicine in China for at least 3,000 years.
Do hemp seeds contain THC?
- Hemp seeds contain only a trace amount of THC. It is so low that it has no effect whatsoever. The quantity required to make any sort of effect would be impossible to eat.
Will your hemp seeds grow if I plant them?
- We never tried it. It is illegal to grow hemp in Canada without a license from the Industrial Hemp Regulations Program. We will not advise or encourage the growing of hemp and we will not sell our seeds to anyone that we suspect will use them for anything else than eating. This product is sold for end-user consumption only.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic hulled hemp seeds encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.