Organic Hulled Pumpkin Seeds (European)
Country of Origin:
Our organic European hulled pumpkin seeds are much larger than normal, with a creamier texture. The largeness of the seeds means that there is more of the white "inside" to them relative to the thinner outer skin, and thus more tasty. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. The fatty acids in pumpkin seeds contain a range of beneficial nutrients, such as sterols, squalene, and tocopherols.
They are a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine and are often eaten as a healthful snack. They are sometimes referred to as pepitas, Spanish for "little seed of squash."
What is the difference between your GWS-A, Shine Skin AA & European pumpkin seeds?
- Visually GWS-A & Shine Skin AA seeds are so similar that other than the GWS being a tiny bit darker green no one other than a agriculture specialist would notice.
- How they grow is the big difference with GWS growing naturally without a shell while Shine Skin have a shell that is mechanically removed. A vs AA is about quality. AAs are more uniform in size and color than As.
- European pumpkin seeds are much different. They are much larger than normal, with a creamier texture. The largeness of the seeds means that there is more of the white "inside" to them relative to the thinner outer skin, and thus more tasty.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.