Organic Hulled Sesame Seeds
Our organic hulled sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber.
Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes. "Open sesame" the famous phrase from the "Arabian Nights" reflects the distinguishing feature of the sesame seed pod, which bursts open when it reaches maturity.
What is the difference between white hulled sesame seeds and brown sesame seeds?
- It is actually very simple. The white ones have the hulled removed and the brown ones are whole.
- Removing the hull makes for a less nutty taste and creamier texture but also removes a lot of the nutrients.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Great product. Great Delivery. The packaging ...
Really happy to have found Online Organics. Love that they vacuum seal their products for freshness - it’s why I chose them over other suppliers. I would love to see them use an alternative to plastic that maintains freshness, keeps out the light, and is biodegradable. If that’s not possible - I’m still quite satisfied with this company so far.
Hi Sharlene, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is our mission to leave the earth better than we found it, and we know that this includes our packaging too. That's why, we have been recently testing a variety of plant-based/biodegradable plastics, but have yet to find a suitable materials that is able to keep our food fresh over the course of its shelf- life. We will keep testing these bio-based materials as they continue to be developed, and hope to find a solution soon! In the meantime, we offer many of our products in bulk that mostly comes in paper bags and they are eco-friendly as well. Sincerely, OnlineOrganics