Organic Hulled Sunflower Seeds (Bakery Grade)
Our organic hulled sunflower seeds are popular in trail mix, multi-grain bread and nutrition bars, as well as for snacking straight from the bag. They're rich in healthy fats, beneficial plant compounds and several vitamins and minerals. These nutrients may play a role in reducing your risk of common health problems, including heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Sunflower seeds are especially high in vitamin E and selenium. These function as antioxidants to protect your body's cells against free radical damage, which plays a role in several chronic diseases.
When sunflower seeds are sprouted, their plant compounds increase. Sprouting also reduces factors that can interfere with mineral absorption.
What is the difference between our "Confectionary" grade sunflower seeds and "Bakery" grade sunflower seeds?
- "Confectionery" sunflower seeds are derived from low-oil type of sunflower seeds and are easily recognizable for the greater size and striped whitish black color of the shell. The shape of confectionery grade kernels is flatter, thinner and longer than typical bakery grade type. Their taste is mild and color change after heat treatment is light brown.
- "Bakery" sunflower seeds as you may have guessed are smaller and more oily. They are typically used exclusively for cooking. Their higher oil content makes them ideal for making sunflower butter.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.