Organic Jackfruit Slices
Country of Origin:
Our organic jackfruit slices come from an exotic fruit grown in tropical regions around the world. Weighing up to a whopping 80 pounds (35 kilograms), the fruit is very heavy and its tree is one of the largest tree fruits in the world. This green or yellow spiky fruit has a sweet or savory taste depending on how you prepare it. Both the flesh of the fruit and seed pods can be consumed either ripe or cooked. Jackfruit is especially sweet once dried and won't lose the nutritional values in the raw fruit.
Consuming dried jackfruit is a great, and all-natural, way to energize your day. This is because of the minerals, phytonutrients, electrolytes, fiber, vitamins, proteins, glucose and sucrose, among other rich nutrients found in jackfruit. Rich in Vitamins A, C and D; as well as calcium and iron. The fruit is also great at building up bones and enhancing bone density due to its high potassium content.
How Dry are they?
- Dried fruits are dehydrated to various degrees to match end use. These are best for homemade energy bars, meat stuffing, baked goodies.
- They have 10-15% humidity making them still soft and chewy. They are not crispy so snacking on them depends on how you enjoy their chewy texture.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.