Organic Kamut (Khorasan)
Our organic Kamut (Khorasan) is a great source of protein, especially for those who live a meatless diet, Kamut is higher in protein than wheat. One cup serving of cooked Kamut provides 22 per cent of the recommended daily allowance of protein for the average adult; helping your body with oxygen transport and immune function.
Kamut is an ancient Egyptian grain used for baking. It primarily consists of large kernels that can be ground into flour, processed into flakes or cooked in the same manner as rice or barley. Kamut can be substituted for wheat flour in baked goods or added to soups, pilafs or stews. It is low in fat, and cholesterol-free.
Did you know?
- Kamut's real name is Khorasan wheat. Kamut is simply the most commercially popular brand of Khorasan wheat across the world. The brand became so popular that most people know Khorasan wheat as just Kamut.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic Kamut (Khorasan) encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.