Organic ''La Merveilleuse'' Gluten-Free ''All Purpose'' Flour
Our organic ''La Merveilleuse'' gluten-free ''All Purpose'' flour is made in Quebec by Cuisine l'Angelique. It is an all-in-one organic whole grain flour (Brown rice, buckwheat, amaranth and Quinoa) with ground flax seeds, baking powder, guar gum and xanthan gum.
It is specifically formulated to replace conventional wheat flours while keeping the texture light and fluffy. This ''All-Purpose'' flour can be used for in cakes, cookies, muffins and pancake recipes without sacrificing on taste and texture. It is designed as a direct replacement of wheat flour at a 1:1 ratio.
Being a whole grain flour you can expect a complete nutritional profile with plenty of fiber.
Cuisine l'Angelique produces ''La Merveilleuse'' in an environment free from gluten, dairy products, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, corn, potato and sesame.
Tips on baking with this flour:
- The dough should be refrigerated before baking. This step allows the dough to thicken and firm. The colder the dough, the more beautiful your cookies will be. If the dough is not refrigerated, the cookies may flatten instead of keeping a good shape.
- 3 hours for the majority of recipes.
- 12 hours for cookies containing molasses and rolled cookies.
- Muffins and Cakes:
- For muffins, unlike traditional recipes that should barely be stirred, it is the opposite: you must always use an electric mixer to mix the batter (1 to 2 minutes). This step is essential, as it thickens the batter and will help to have beautiful muffins that expand when cooking. Same for cakes, always use an electric mixer.
- Pancakes and Waffles:
- For pancake and waffle recipes, simply follow the steps indicated in the original recipe, without any modification.
- Pie Crusts:
- For pie crust, this is an exceptional recipe. Use 50% more water than a traditional recipe, then refrigerate overnight before rolling the dough. Or simply use our pie crust mix as is.
- Other important tips:
- We do not recommend trying to adapt all your gluten-free recipes for cakes, pancakes, waffles, cookies and muffins using our La Merveilleuse flour. Rather, use your traditional recipes and simply replace the same amount of flour with our mix.
- Guar gum and xanthan gum are part of the mix's design, but as this mixture replaces traditional flour, no other ingredients should be added. Also, the amount of baking powder contained in the mix is small. It has no lifting effect. So follow the steps of your recipe, adding the required amount of baking powder or baking soda, whichever is called for.
Locally made in Canada, buying our organic ''La Merveilleuse'' flour encourages local businesses and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.