Organic Maqui Powder
Our organic maqui powder packs more antioxidant power than acai and are an extremely high source of fiber as well as vitamin C, along with a host of specific nutrients that are believed to naturally help to support the immune system, strengthen the bones and joints, increase cognitive function, renew eyesight, improve digestion, reduce inflammation and promote clear healthy skin. Organic maqui powder is perfect for adding to baked goods, shakes and all your summer drinks.
What is maqui?
- The maqui tree "Aristotelia chilensis" also known as the "Chilean wineberry" is a small evergreen tree that is native to the rainforests of Argentina and Chile. The macqui berry has long been a staple in the diet of the indigenous people of Central and Southern Chile where the natives used to eat it to enhance their stamina and strength.
- Maqui Berries are a dark purple fruit and are said to taste like tart huckleberries and they also produce a dark purple juice that has been used as a dye.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.