Organic Monk Fruit Extract
Country of Origin:
Our organic monk fruit extract is a granulated extract "mogrosides" from monk fruit and used as a low calorie sweetener. Mogroside, creates a sweetness sensation 250 times stronger than sucrose.
Monk fruit also known as "luóhàn guǒ" or Swingle fruit, is a small round fruit native to China. This perinatal vine "Siraitia grosvenorii" is only cultivated in China. The Guilin area (northeast China) offers optimal and unique growing environment for the plant due to it's subtropical mountains with elevation of 300 to 500 meters, abundant rainfall, and well drained moist soil.
What is the difference between Monk Fruit Extract vs Erythritol Powder with Monk Fruit?
- Our organic monk fruit extract is made up of 70% monk fruit and 30% erythritol. This makes it very sweet and the erythritol is needed to give a taste closer to sugar.
- Our organic erythritol powder with monk fruit is made up of 0.5% monk fruit and 99.5% erythritol. It is blended to be used as a 1:1 replacement for sugar.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.