Organic Mung Beans
Our organic mung beans have been part of traditional Ayurvedic diets in India for thousands of years. In fact, they are considered "one of the most cherished foods" in this ancient Indian practice that's been a traditional form of medicine since roughly 1,500 B.C.
Mung beans are also consumed sprouted, it's important to note that sprouting changes their nutritional composition. Sprouted beans contain fewer calories and more free amino acids and antioxidants than unsprouted ones.
What's more, sprouting reduces levels of phytic acid, which is an antinutrient. Antinutrients can reduce the absorption of minerals like zinc, magnesium and calcium.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.