Organic Oat Groats
Our organic oat groats contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, several different B-vitamins and vitamin E. Additionally, oats have trace minerals, such as manganese, copper, iron, selenium and zinc. They are also full of phytochemicals, which are good for you, and contain both insoluble and soluble fiber.
Due to all of these "good-for-you" ingredients, oat groats offer quite a few health benefits. They can lower your blood pressure, and even help to prevent the onset of diabetes, which used with a whole-grain diet.
Oat groats are simply the purest form of the oats grain. With just the inedible grain shell removed and no further mechanical processing it doesn't get better than that!
Are your organic oat groats sproutable?
- We have honestly never tried to sprout them. However, all food grade (for humans that is) oat groats are stabilized (quickly steamed) to deactivate lipolitic enzymes. Lipolitic enzymes make oats smell rancid and greatly limits shelf life.
- If you want to sprout your oats you need to look for raw oat groats. While they are very rare due to their limited shelf life and single purpose (to be sprouted) they do exist.
What is the difference between your Rolled Oats Flakes, Rolled Oats Flakes (Gluten-Free), Quick Rolled Oats Flakes, Oat Bran, Oat Groats, Naked (Hulless) Oats & Steel Cut Oats?
- To start all Oats are gluten-free. The difference between all the forms of oats that we sell and the Rolled Oats (Gluten Free) is simple the extra level of precautions from cross-contamination. Unless you are extremely intolerant to gluten you will never notice the difference. That is because although oats themselves don't contain gluten, they're often grown alongside other crops. The same equipment is typically used to harvest crops in neighboring fields, which leads a possibility of cross-contamination if one of those crops contains gluten.
- The difference between steel cut oats and rolled oats lies in the manufacturing process. Steel cut oats are created when a full oat groat is sliced into pieces with steel. In contrast, rolled oats are flattened using large disks. This causes the oat to become flaky and soft, allowing them to absorb more liquid.
- Quick rolled oats are rolled much thinner than and often appear as if they have been coarsely chopped. Rolled oats take between 10-15 minutes to prepare, while quick cooking oats only cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Oat groats are simply a whole oat grain just like steel cut oats and rolled oats. It is just not cut or rolled and is whole.
- Hulless or naked oats have a thinner husk than the traditional variety which falls off on its own at harvest. This saves on processing time, allowing the grains to remain intact and retain their high nutrient content.
- Oat bran is a piece of an oat groat, and oat bran is the outer layer of this oat groat, which is right underneath the inedible grain shell. It is very fibrous and ideal to add fiber to your diet.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic oat groats encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Oat groats: cooked this morning in thermos. Tasted great.
GREAT TASTE AND TEXTURE.
First of all, the price was great! Shipping was reasonable. The best part was the quality of the oats - absolutely top notch.They cook down to a very creamy soft porridge. Will definitely buy again when we run out.
Packaged really good. Very happy with the shipping how fast it came… will definitely order again…. GREATPrices very reasonable!!!
Very happy to get this organic product shipped to my door at an economical price. Very securely packaged. I haven't opened the bag yet, but it is comforting to have it on hand. Experience was very good so I happily ordered a bag of khorasan wheat which I am currently enjoying.
Organic oat groats
Grains are clean, always. This was my first time ever eating oat groats and I was pleasantly surprised. They were delicious. I now question (the oat products) I was eating before this.Oat groats have a superior flavor and texture. Very Happy.