Organic Parsley Leaves
Country of Origin:
Our organic parsley leaves makes an excellent garnish and can be used to add a touch of green to an otherwise colorless soup or to a vinaigrette. Unlike the fresh herb, it can handle long cooking times without much of an effect on flavor.
Parsley, "Petroselinum crispum", is hardy biennial herb of the carrot family "Apiaceae", native to Mediterranean lands. As a biennial plant, parsley grows vegetatively for its first season of growth, overwinters, and then flowers in the second season.
Did you know?
- The name "parsley" comes from the Greek word "πετροσέλινον" (petroselinon), meaning rock celery, because it thrives on rocks and walls. According to legend, parsley sprang up where the blood of the Greek hero Archemorus was spilled when he was eaten by serpents.
In order to keep our organic herbs, spices & seasoning blends as fresh as possible we keep our standing inventory very low. There may be up to a 4 week lead time for this product to get you the freshest products possible.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.