Organic Pearled Barley
Our organic pearled barley is a rich source of B vitamins, including niacin, thiamin, and pyridoxine (vitamin B-6). It also contains beta-glucans, a type of fiber that scientists have linked to various health benefits.
It is important to note that barley will usually expand to three and a half times its volume when cooked.
What is the difference between hulled and pearled barley?
- Hulled barley undergoes minimal processing to remove only the inedible outer shell, leaving the bran and germ intact.
- Pearled barley has neither the hull nor the bran making it more soft and neutral tasting but this process strips some of the nutrients.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic pearled barley encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour