Organic Pitted Kalamata Olives
Our organic pitted Kalamata olives are a high quality product that you can count on for all your cooking needs. They are considered by most as the healthiest olive there is and plays an important role in the Mediterranean diet.
What are Kalamata olives?
- Black or deep purple Kalamata olives are the best-known Greek olive. Grown in the valley of Messina, near the town of Kalamata, they're harvested in December once fully ripened, which explains their dark color. The name is also often spelled Calamata.
- The olive has tight, snappy, shiny skin, and a distinctive almond shape. Sliced Kalamata olives cured in a red-wine vinegar brine are often considered the best. They also serve well as a tapenade spread or as an ingredient in a Greek salad.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.