Organic Psyllium Husk Powder
Our organic psyllium husk powder is a soluble fiber derived from the seeds of the "Plantago ovata", an herb grown mainly in India. It helps ease digestion and control glucose levels after finishing a meal.
Psyllium husk is very popular in gluten-free baking as it acts as a binder just like gluten. It help bread and other baked good stay moist and prevents them from crumbling. It is a good replacement for guar gum and xanthan gum in gluten-free baking. The calories in psyllium husk are exclusively from the fiber. Since it is not digested, it has no calorific effect.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.