Organic Puffed Brown Rice
Our organic puffed brown rice is a perfect light and low-calorie breakfast cereal. Be innovative and use it for baking and even making you own homemade chocolate dipped puffed brown rice snacks.
What are puffed grains?
- Puffed grains are made by pressurizing and then quickly de-pressurizing steamed grains. Puffed cereal is generally fat-free and contains only a small number of calories.
- Usually, the first step in making the cereal is steaming grains to moisturize their interiors. Next, specialized machinery is used to pressurize the grains, and then to quickly de-pressurize them. Due partly to the presence of moisture inside the grains, this rapid addition and removal of pressure causes the wheat to expand, or "puff" up, to several times its initial size.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour