Organic Pumpkin Seeds (Shine Skin AA)
Our organic raw (Shine Skin AA) pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. The fatty acids in pumpkin seeds contain a range of beneficial nutrients, such as sterols, squalene, and tocopherols.
They are a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine and are often eaten as a healthful snack. They are sometimes referred to as pepitas, Spanish for "little seed of squash."
What is the difference between your GWS-A and Shine Skin AA?
- Visually the 2 seeds are so similar that other than the GWS being a tiny bit darker green no one other than a agriculture specialist would notice.
- How they grow is the big difference with GWS growing naturally without a shell while Shine Skin have a shell that is mechanically removed.
- The A vs AA is the quality. AA grade relates to a uniform size and colored seed. A grade has greater color and size variation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.