Organic Raw Californian Almonds
Our organic raw Californian almonds are high in antioxidants that protects your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to aging and disease. They are among the lowest calorie nuts while being high in Vitamin E, Manganese, & Magnesium.
Almonds need really hot weather and cool winters to grow which limits their production to a very specific climate. They are 100% reliant on wild bees and honey bees for crop pollination (No bees, no almonds).
What's the difference between Spanish vs Californian almonds?
- Spanish almond orchards mostly rely on rainfall instead of artificial irrigation. Since Spanish almonds use much less water than their Californian cousins, their price is generally lower.
- Both our almonds varieties are the soft shelled type so other than origin and price you won't notice a difference.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.