Organic Raw Cacao Beans
Our organic raw cacao beans are the very foundation of chocolate. These heavenly beans are picked, fermented and dried without roasting. If you want to make your very own chocolate from scratch this is it! They can also be roasted and grinded for added taste as a homemade cocoa powder. Some hard-core chocolate lovers even snack on raw cacao beans!
What’s the Difference Between Cacao and Cocoa?
- Cacao refers to the raw material: the cacao beans that are harvested from the cacao tree.
- Cocoa is created after the beans are finely ground into a powder and roasted, and can be consumed as a drink or blended with sugar, milk, cocoa butter and cocoa powder to make chocolate.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.